Name of board: Sidney Township Board
Meeting date: Dec. 5.
Reporting official: Clerk Wesley Thomsen
1. Approved the minutes of the Nov. 7 meeting.
2. Approved paying bills totaling $9,760.94, including $2,841.66 to the Montcalm County Treasurer’s Office for extra sheriff’s protection for the month.
3. Approved a resolution for repair and maintenance of the Thomsen Drain.
4. Approved a motion to remove a parcel belonging to Thomas and Lori Hecksel from the special assessment roll for the township sewer project because it is a vacant lot.
5. Approved a motion to send several Planning Commission members to the local government role in rural new economy meeting in January.
1. Montcalm County Sheriff’s Deputy Ken Butts reported a busier than normal month for November.
2. Montcalm County Commissioner John Johansen reported on county issues involving the township. He also gave a brief report on the upcoming sheriff’s millage vote, which will be Feb. 28.
3. Zoning Administrator Dale Main has sent four letters for property clean-up. He also reported that Kimball’s Boat Storage permit has been terminated due to non-compliance.
4. Supervisor Terry Peterman reported 30 homes have been hooked up to the Derby Lake and Nevins Lake sewer system.
Members present: Supervisor Terry Peterman, Clerk Wesley Thomsen, Treasurer Esther Petersen and trustees Kurt Barber and Larry Ek.
Next meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 2.
For more information: Call Supervisor Terry Peterman at (989) 328-3635.