Name of board: Montcalm Township Board.
Meeting date: Dec. 14.
Reporting official: Clerk Carol Rosebrook.
1. Approved the agenda.
2. Approved the Nov. 9 township board meeting minutes.
3. Approved the Dec. 1 special board meeting minutes.
4. Approved the treasurer’s report as presented.
5. Approved to set the meeting dates for 2012 at 7 p.m. the second Wednesdays of each month at the township hall for the township board, 7 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month for the planning commission and 7 p.m. the first Thursday of each month for the fire board.
6. Approved to postpone the request for a gas monitor request until next month’s meeting to investigate the difference in price versus quality.
7. Approved to add Bill Hopkins as a new firefighter.
8. Approved to open a new savings account at Sidney State Bank for cemetery perpetual car funds.
9. Approved paying for up to four township officials to take the citizen planner course online.
10. Approved to send the zoning administrator, planning commission members and township board members to the Local Government Role in the Rural New Economy workshop.
11. Approved to send Treasurer Hyde, deputy treasurer, supervisor Adams and Clerk Rosebrooke to BSA training at the cost of $195.
1. Supervisor Michael Adams announced the hiring of treasurer Rosemary Hyde who is a Republican candidate for the position on the Feb. 28 ballot.
2. The township is working to update the website through www.montcalm.org.
3. Mrs. Peer has been moved. Adams expressed sympathy for the Peer family and said it is not a situation the board wants anyone to have to go through again. Clerk Carol Rosebrook thanked everyone involved to get the situation resolved including the Peer family, Mike Hurst, Ralph VanOcker, Cody Hole, Bill Willison and the rest of the board.
4. The cleaning of the tile and carpet at the township hall has been complete by three companies. Luxury Janitorial did the tile floors, Brad’s Cleaners did the hallway and offices and Clingers cleaned the meeting room carpet.
5. The practical test has been completed for the township’s ISO rating. The results can take three to six months.
6. The township has not received anything yet regarding the audit report. Adams plans to contact Cary Vaughn at the Department of Treasury if they have not received anything by next week.
7. The township is looking to put together a committee to plan a community picnic. Anyone who is interested should contact Adams.
8. The Conservation Club will be working with the DNR to clean up the Flat River in the spring.
9. The board received reports from the sheriff’s department, planning commission, zoning board of appeals, cemeteries, library board, zoning administrator, assessor, county commissioner, fire department, trustees and clerk.
Members present: Supervisor Michael Adams, Clerk Carol Rosebrook, Treasurer Rosemary Hyde and trustees Rick Rought and Tom Smith.
Next regular meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 11.
For more information: Call the township hall at (616) 754-5133.