Name of board: Fairplain Township Board.
Reporting official: Clerk Coleen Myers.
Meeting date: Dec. 5.
1. Accepted minutes of the November meeting.
2. Accepted the treasurer’s report.
3. Accepted payment of bills.
4. Approved spending $2,000 to replace computers and set up QuickBooks. The Internet is set up with Verizon.
5. Reappointed Jan Hallihan as a library board member for four years.
1. The library received a perfect audit. Some changes in government accounting standards will require some changes. The Ash Foundation made a $100,000 donation.
2. Commissioner Tom Lindeman reported and answered questions about the form of payment to the Montcalm County Treasurer’s Office, public safety millage and newly split districts.
Members present: Supervisor Tom Sova, Clerk Coleen Myers, Treasurer Sharon Swindell and trustees Tom Hansen and Bill Lutherloh.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9.
For more information: Call the township hall at (616) 225-1050.