STANTON — The Montcalm County Board of Commissioners had its annual organizational meeting Tuesday.
The 13-minute meeting included adopting bylaws and rules of procedure, appointing committee members and scheduling meeting dates.
The bylaws and rules of procedure remain the same.
Full board meetings will continue to be on the fourth Monday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the Jack VanHarn Board of Commissioners Room on the third floor of the County Administrative Building in Stanton. Committee meetings take place at various times each month.
Each of the nine commissioners have a two-year term with an annual salary of $8,331. The Board of Commissioners chairman and the Finance & Personnel Committee chairman each receive an additional $1,250 for their duties.
The committee appointments remain the same as well.
• District 7 Commissioner Patrick Q. Carr of Lakeview continues his two-year appointment from last year as chairman of the Board of Commissioners. Commissioners re-appointed District 3 Commissioner Ron Retzloff Crystal as vice chairman.
• District 8 Commissioner Roger Caris of Vestaburg was re-appointed chairman of the Finance & Personnel Committee, which oversees the annual county budget and spending.
• District 6 Commissioner Ron Baker of Howard City was re-appointed chairman of the Collective Bargaining Committee, which meets with county employee unions and often acts as the grievance hearing committee.
• District 2 Commissioner Tom Lindeman of Greenville was re-appointed chairman of the Health & Human Services Committee, which oversees and represents the county’s interest in emergency, health and wellness agencies.
• Retzloff was re-appointed chairman of the Law Enforcement & Courts Committee, which oversees the county’s police and legal agencies.
• District 4 Commissioner John Johansen of Greenville was re-appointed chairman of the Economic Development & Physical Resources Committee, which oversees county facilities and represents the county’s interests with the Drain Commission, the Building Department, the Maintenance Department, the Register of Deeds, the Parks & Recreation Commission and the road commission.
For complete details of bylaws, rules of procedure, committees and meeting dates, see www.montcalm.org.