Smoke evacuates Greenville McDonald’s


By Kelli Ameling • Last Updated 10:55 pm on Friday, January 06, 2012

The Greenville Department of Public Safety responded to McDonald’s on Lafayette Street in Greenville after employees called Montcalm Central Dispatch to report fire in children’s play area around 7:45 p.m. on Friday. Detective Chad Aniszko said the smoke appeared to be from electrical problems from an exhaust fan. After the employee called dispatch, everyone was evacuated and no one was injured. Firefighters found the burned up motor and shut it down before further problems occurred. The restaurant closed for the evening but, according to an employee, will reopen this morning.

About the Author
Follow Us
Rate this Article
VN:R_U [1.9.10_1130]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)