Art at the Green, sponsored by Ed Koehn Ford Lincoln Chrysler Dodge Jeep, will have artists display their work at selected venues throughout Greenville from Aug. 4-31, including the 48th annual Danish Festival, which is Aug. 16-19.
“It is with great excitement that the Danish Festival Board of Directors announces this new event that will help promote the arts in West Michigan and attract more visitors and artists to our beautiful Greenville area,” Danish Festival Director Pam Jorae said. “The hope is to put Greenville on the map as far as Michigan destinations for fun and entertainment goes, which our local communities have been enjoying at the Danish Festival for the past 47 years.”
Jorae aims to attract art contestants from throughout the West Michigan area, including Grand Rapids and Lansing.
Once the artwork is on display at various local businesses in Greenville Aug. 4, voting will take place at four selected locations to be placed at the north, south, east and west areas of Greenville.
Voting will be done by the public and will conclude on Aug. 17. The winners will be announced Aug. 18, during the Danish Festival Presents concert series at Greenville Performing Arts Center, where the band Centerville will perform.
Applications for artists to participate in Art at the Green can be obtained at the Danish Festival office or can be downloaded from the Danish Festival website, www.danishfestival.org.
Contest details are:
• Artists must be age 18 or older by Aug. 4 to enter.
• Applications must be turned into the Danish Festival office by June 1. Mail applications to Danish Festival Inc., P.O. Box 211, Greenville, MI 48838. Applications can also be dropped off at the Danish Festival office, which is on the second floor of Huntington Bank at 203 S. Lafayette St. in Greenville.
• Artists will be notified where their artwork will be displayed (to be determined by Art at the Green committee) July 2.
• Artists are to contact the venues by July 7.
• Installation of artwork must be completed by Aug. 4.
• Contest runs for two weeks
• Winners announced on Aug. 18.
• There is a $25 non-refundable fee to submit an application.
• Prizes include: First place — $700; Second place — $400; Third place — $200.
Visit the Danish Festival’s website at www.danishfestival.org, or email Pam Jorae at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.