Montcalm Township trailer home saved after wood stove fire


By Kelli Ameling • Last Updated 9:39 am on Wednesday, March 07, 2012

MONTCALM TOWNSHIP – A trailer home is still standing after a fire broke out this morning.
The Montcalm Township Fire Department responded to the fire at about 5:44 a.m. on W. Spencer Road.
Fire Chief Cliff Dickinson said the fire is believed to be started by a wood stove. The fire began between the roof line and the dry wall and is believed to be caused by the ashes from the wood stove.
“We had a good save,” Dickinson said.
When the fire department arrived, flames were coming out of the roof. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one room within 20 minutes.
Dickinson said no one was hurt during the fire.
Montcalm Township was assisted by Spencer Township Fire Department, Emergency Medical Services and Montcalm County Undersheriff Mark Bellinger.

About the Author
Follow Us
Rate this Article
VN:R_U [1.9.10_1130]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)