• Earthwork, Dean’s Landscaping and Excavating, Inc. of Sand Lake for $156,648
• Earthwork, Jack Dykstra Excavating, Inc. of Grand Rapids for $111,110
• Structural steel, Structural Standards Inc. of Sparta for $174,520
• Bleachers, Architectural Systems Group of Holland for $66,10
• Structural steel, Structural Standards Inc. of Sparta for $63,230
GREENVILLE — Greenville Public Schools (GPS) have awarded five bids from bid package No. 9, which is the last bid package for the bond project.
There are 18 bids total in bid package No. 9.
During Monday night’s meeting, the Board of Education awarded five of the 18 subsections of bid package nine for $571,608.
“We are taking our time on this with it being the last,” said John Gilchrist, director of finance.
The five bids included two for earthwork, two for structural steel and one for bleachers.
Gilbert said this is the time to get steel ordered to have some lean time on getting it in.
Because of the weather and having a milder winter, construction on the bond project was able to be more developed than anticipated.
“It’s looking good from where we can see,” said Janet Ralph, board of education president.
Gilchrist said although there is some soggy weather, it might slow down construction just a little bit, “that’s OK,” because of where the construction stands.
The other 13 bids for bid package No, 9 will continue to be awarded in the near future.
“We are in the home stretch,” Gilchrist said. “It’s coming along quite well.”