Name of board: Crystal Township Board.
Meeting date: April 11.
Reporting official: Clerk Bob Naumann.
1. Approved the agenda.
2. Approved draft minutes of the March 14 regular meeting and March 28 special meeting.
3. Approved township bills.
4. Approved the treasurer’s report.
5. Approved sanitary sewer bills for Crystal Lake and Duck Lake.
6. Voted unanimously against posting positions of office specialist and assistant operator for the wastewater facility, agreeing that the current people have done a satisfactory job for more than two years. Board members agreed to post the position of sewer administrator and review applications and conduct interviews in May.
8. Voted unanimously to contact the township attorney for advisement on abolishing Ordinance 15A.
9. Voted unanimously to contact the township attorney for clarification on questions regarding the draft of Ordinance 15A.
10. Voted 4-1 not to pursue further development of a township board ethics policy. Trustee Jerry Stone cast the lone opposing vote.
11. Voted 4-1 to commit $3,000 to add to $5,000 from the Downtown Development Authority and $1,750 in donations to purchase a digital sign for the Community Center, upon which to display the time and temperature. Treasurer Dennis Lance cast the lone opposing vote.
12. Voted unanimously to accept a bid from Jason’s Septic & Portables for township porta-john service to be paid in one lump sum of $2,100 with a 5 percent discount.
13. Voted 4-1 to purchase a laptop from CMS in Crystal for $549 for Department of Public Works use. Stone cast the lone opposing vote.
14. Voted unanimously to approve a brine contract with the Road Commission for Montcalm County for $25,630.
15. Voted unanimously to approve a resolution for liquor license transfer from Thomas R. Harry to Darlene Carmody.
16. Voted unanimously to move township money into a non-interest-bearing business account with Chemical Bank.
1. Stone suggested trees in the park and on South Shore be assessed for safety. Stone and Lance will look into this and report back to the board.
Members present: Supervisor Charlie Braman, Clerk Bob Naumann, Treasurer Dennis Lance and trustees Curt McCracken and Jeremiah Stone.
Next meeting: 7 p.m. May 9.
For more information: Call Clerk Bob Naumann at (989) 235-4800.