Name of board: Crystal Township Board.
Meeting date: May 9.
Reporting official: Clerk Bob Naumann.
1. Approved the agenda.
2. Approved draft minutes of the April 11 meeting.
3. Approved township bills.
4. Approved the treasurer’s report.
5. Approved Crystal Lake and Duck Lake sanitary sewer bills.
6. Approved hiring Scott Brundage as the new sanitary sewer administrator with an annual salary of $4,000 starting July 1.
7. Approved a fire millage proposal.
8. Adopted the Crystal Lake sewer budget and Duck Lake sewer budget as presented. The annual report will be posted online at http://montcalm.org/crystal.asp.
9. Approved purchasing a new hitch from Trackside Auto of Crystal for $323.50.
1. Howard Baldwin spoke about his new pick-up recycling business for the Crystal area. He left business cards at the Crystal Community Center.
2. The board discussed whether to allow a private individual planning a party at the park to bring their own porta john. They agreed private porta johns should not be brought into the park.
Members present: Supervisor Charlie Braman, Clerk Bob Naumann, Treasurer Dennis Lance and trustees Curt McCracken and Jeremiah Stone.
Next meeting: 7 p.m. June 13.
For more information: Call Clerk Bob Naumann at (989) 235-4800.