Name of board: Crystal Township Board.
Meeting date: June 13.
Reporting official: Clerk Bob Naumann.
1. Approved the agenda.
2. Approved draft minutes from May 9 and June 5.
3. Approved township bills.
4. Approved the treasurer’s report as presented.
5. Approved Crystal Lake and Duck Lake sanitary sewer bills.
6. Approved hiring employees to fill the positions of office specialist and assistant operator. Approved hiring Judy Stockwell as wastewater office specialist and Greg Bellingar as part-time assistant wastewater operator.
7. Approved to cease and discontinue further development of the boat/dock ordinance.
8. Voted 4-1 to have an attorney draft a recession ordinance for Ordinance 15A. Dennis Lance voted “no.”
9. Voted to adopt the second Wednesday of each month for 2012-2013 township board meeting dates. All meetings start at 7 p.m.
10. Voted 4-1 to allow the 32 mid-Michigan school districts to use the Community Room for free on the third Wednesday of each month starting Aug. 22. Jerry Stone voted “no.”
11. Approved reversing a June 5 motion to spend $1,900 for infrared heating of the parking lot.
12. Approved adopting line item adjustments to the 2011-2012 township budget as presented.
13. Approved adopting the election of counsel and file release to Bloom Sluggett Morgan.
14. Approved adopting a resolution for the Duck Lake Improvement Board.
15. A motion to adopt the Crystal Township ethical standards policy with the exception that the title would be the Crystal Township Mission Statement, but the motion failed 2-3. Stone and Lance voted “yes,” while Charlie Braman, Bob Naumann and Curt McCraken voted “no.”
1. Township board members will meet with attorneys on June 18 for an update regarding the Lakeside Resort LLC lawsuit.
2. Stone reported that DPW trees that need to be removed have a horizontal white line on them and trees that will stay have a vertical white line on them. He encouraged board members to look and count trees before the next meeting.
3. Stone proposed adopting a purchasing policy as presented except the total amount would be changed from $250 to $1,250, but the motion died due to lack of support.
3. Bonnie Kanitz reported the goose round-up on Crystal Lake will take place June 22.
Members present: Supervisor Charlie Braman, Clerk Bob Naumann, Treasurer Dennis Lance and trustees Curt McCracken and Jeremiah Stone.
Next meeting: 7 p.m. July 11.
For more information: Call Clerk Bob Naumann at (989) 235-4800.