Name of board: Cato Township Board.
Meeting date: June 18.
1. Approved May’s minutes.
2. Approved paying bills totaling $16,438.92, including Apex Drawing, equalization maps, Michigan Township Association dues and voter ID cards.
3. Approved treasurer’s report as given by Treasurer Letty Scott.
4. Approved amending the budget.
5. Approved allowing the Planning Commission to rule on special land use without township board approval.
6. Approved accepting the budget as presented by Clerk Louise Morse and to approve truth in taxation with the township millage at 0.7827 and fire millage at 0.9380 due to the Headlee rollback.
7. Approved accepting workman’s compensation insurance from Leonard’s.
8. Approved requesting a speed survey on Satterlee Road from Cutler to County Line roads.
9. Approved leaving center tables up due to wear on taking them down.
10. Approved using First Bank as the township’s depository.
11. Approved township meeting dates and moved the annual meeting with only board members attending with no changes made.
1. Discussed Montcalm Alliance membership and tabled it until the next meeting.
2. Discussed unpaid delinquent taxes and will wait on Honeymoon Heights lights until the tax comes in. Honeymoon Heights lighting will still be short and the association will have to make up the shortfall.
Members present: Supervisor Larry Gilbert, Clerk Louis Morse, Treasurer Letty Scott, trustees Henry Behrenwald and Jourdan Lindsey.
Next regular meeting: 7 p.m. July 2
For more information: Call Clerk Louis Morse at (989) 352-7967.