Maple Valley Township
Name of board: Maple Valley Township Board.
Meeting date: June 11.
Reporting official: Clerk Shirley Sanders.
1. Read and approved minutes from the May 14 meeting with a correction.
2. Accepted the treasurer’s report as read.
3. Accepted with thanks the resignation of Trustee Carole Petersen from the Planning Commission effective immediately.
4. Approved appointing Kevin Brecker to the Planning Commission.
5. Approved a special land use request from Steve Davis for a club-patient/caregiver support group in the commercial/industrial district. Trustee Roger Louis Betten abstained from voting.
6. Approved training costs for Carole Petersen for “Michigan Township Association On the Road” with $40 paid by the Planning Commission and $39 paid by general funds.
7. Approved having the Maple Valley Township complex outside doors re-keyed and to prepare a list of keys being issued and then issue keys.
8. Approved any room leased or committed at the complex not be made available for use by other parties without permission by lessee.
9. Approved allowing Clerk Shirley Sanders to enter into a contract with Consumers Energy to remove a streetlight on Rasmussen Grove at no cost.
10. Approved replacing all swings in the township park at a cost of $23.82 per swing.
11. Approved paying bills as presented totaling $33,832.95, as well as an electronic transfer of $647.26 for a total of $34,480.21. This includes payment to the Road Commission for Montcalm County and payment for roof repair at the Coral Fire Barn and Trufant Fire Barn and cemetery.
1. A fire and road millage proposal will be on the Montcalm County ballot on Aug. 7.
Members present: Supervisor John Kain, Clerk Shirley Sanders, trustees Roger Louis Betten and Carole Petersen.
Members absent: Treasurer June Miller.
Next meeting: 7 p.m. July 9 at the Coral Community Center.
For more information: Call Clerk Shirley Sanders at (231) 354-6774 or (231) 354-6496.