IONIA — About 30 properties will be up for grabs at the annual Ionia County foreclosure auction Aug. 1.
According to Judy Clark of the Ionia County treasurer’s office, there has been an increase in foreclosed properties over the past four years, but the numbers are mostly holding steady.
“There was a little spike last year but it was largely because an undeveloped condo site had been foreclosed on so they were listed as individual parcels so the number of foreclosed properties appeared to be doubled,” Clark said. “Our numbers are actually quite reasonable compared to other counties. We have less parcels this year than we did last year not even counting the extra parcels from the undeveloped units.”
The auction will begin at noon at the Barry County Commission on Aging, 320 W. Woodlawn, in Hastings, about 30 miles south of Ionia.
“The reason that we have it in Barry County this year is that we share our auction date with Barry County most years,” Clark said. “Our number of parcels offered at auction is considered small enough to share with another county. Last year it was in Ionia County at the Intermediate School District, so it is our turn to travel this time.”
Ionia County properties set to be auctioned Aug. 1 include the following:
• One-story frame house with small garage attached at 947 Ionia St. in Belding ($9,400 minimum bid).
• Two-story frame house with a large side lot attached at 409 Hambrook St. in Belding ($9,200 minimum bid).
• Former gas station property currently being used as a parking lot at 429 N. Bridge St. in Belding ($8,200 minimum bid).
• One and a half-story frame house and small garage at 110 E. Isabelle St. in Belding ($6,600 minimum bid).
• Two mobile homes and a frame garage on Stoudt Street in Hubbardston, North Plains Township ($3,100 minimum bid).
• One-story frame house and garage with roof on W. Long Lake Road in Orleans ($3,700 minimum bid).
• One-story frame house on Drake Street in Orleans, currently occupied ($2,100 minimum bid).
For complete details and photographs of all the Ionia County properties up for auction, visit ioniacounty.org or tax-sale.info online.
The annual Montcalm County foreclosure auction features more than 100 properties up for bid. That auction will begin at noon Aug. 6 at the Montcalm County Administrative Building (former courthouse) in Stanton. Visit montcalm.org or tax-sale.info online for details and photographs of Montcalm County properties up for auction.