Art @ the Green locations
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites, 2525 W. Washington;
- Blake Hollenbeck Auto Sales, 11289, W. Carson City (M-57);
- Builders Glass, 1121 W. Washington;
- Chemical Bank, 1311 W. Washington;
- Ed Koehn Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, 11064 W. Carson City (M-57);
- Flat River Community Library, 200 E. Judd;
- Green Acres Retirement Living, 1601 Winter Creek;
- Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce, 108 N. Lafayette;
- Huch’s Fine Jewelry, 212 S. Lafayette;
- Huntington Bank, 203 S. Lafayette;
- Isabella Bank, 1405 W. Washington;
- Jensen Garden Center, 6162 S. Greenville;
- Jerry’s Paint Store, 314 S. Lafayette;
- Jorgi’s Marketplace, 6403 S. Greenville;
- L’Image, 328 S. Lafayette;
- Mid Michigan Cellular 1712 W. Washington;
- Preferred Federal Credit Union, 534 N. Lafayette;
- Quality Collision Service, 6255 S. Greenville;
- Radio Shack/Robbins Book List, 318 S. Lafayette;
- Rees Sewing Center, 114 N. Lafayette;
- Spectrum Health United Hospital, 615 S. Bower;
- The Club Fitness, 1401 W. Oak;
- The Meat Shack, 1217 W. Washington;
- Thomas and Company, 200 W. Washington;
- Tinney Automotive, 11249 W. Washington;
- Town and Country Animal Clinic, 9191 S. Greenville;
- Twist and Shout, 204 S. Lafayette;
- West 57 Design and Floral, 1720 W. Washington;
- Winter Inn, 100 N. Lafayette.
GREENVILLE — A Danish Festival committee has been working since last October to bring an art contest to Greenville
Starting Saturday, the first ever Art @ the Green will be hosted in Greenville.
A total of 29 venues have signed up as a location to host a piece of art created by a featured artist. Each venue will contain an Art @ the Green sign to identify the area.
Danish Festival Executive Director Pam Jorae said Ed Koehn Ford Lincoln Mercury is sponsoring the inaugural year of the Art @ the Green.
“We are very pleased for our first year,” Jorae said.
People are able to visit each location from Saturday through Aug 31 during business hours. Voting will take place starting Saturday until 5 p.m. Aug. 17.
Jorae said one vote per person will be allowed. Voting locations include AmericInn Lodge and Suites, Huntington Bank, Jorgi’s Marketplace and Town and Country Animal Clinic. The four locations will contain a box where ballots can be placed.
Four awards will be given to the winners including $700, $400, $200 and the Jodie Dewey Jury Award.
The three cash prize winners will be voted on by the public. The Jodie Dewey Jury Award will be picked by judge Jon Bouch, who has an art background.
Winners will be announced the Greenville Performing Arts Center on Aug. 18.
“The purpose of this event is to bring art and culture to Greenville,” Jorae said. “I hope the community embraces this.”
Jorae hopes this event grows in the feature and as people travel to Grand Rapids for ArtPrize she hopes people will travel to Greenville for Art @ the Green.
Jorae noted the Part @ the Green scheduled for 5 p.m. Aug. 10 has been canceled and downsized to a private wine and cheese reception for the artists, sponsors, committee and their guests.