Name of board: Hubbardston Village Council.
Meeting date: Aug. 14.
Reporting official: Clerk Debbie Amos.
1. Approved accepting the agenda.
2. Approved accepting a proposal from AlarmTek in Greenville for $4,045 plus a $295 update for a Community Center Surveillance System, after hearing a presentation from AlarmTek owner Tim Martin. A PAR PLAN grant for $3,600 will be used for the surveillance system. The balance will be paid for by the Community Center fund.
3. Approved accepting minutes of the previous meeting as presented.
4. Approved accepting the treasurer’s report.
5. Approved accepting the clerk’s report.
6. Approved tabling a decision on bids for septic system electric work until questions can be answered regarding the bids. Simon Electric of Ionia bid $5,775, Westphalia Electric bid $2,980 and Gage Electric of Carson City bid $8,345.
7. Approved allowing the newly formed Hubbardston Cemetery Association to use the small room in the Community Center for storage of maps and documents.
1. Discussed a proposal from Frontier for Internet and telephone service and decided that the prices were too high.
2. President Janet Dailey participated in a Michigan Municipal League webinar discussing natural gas purchases at lower rates for local governments.
3. Discussed the port-a-john availability for the Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
4. A Commons Park sign was installed by DPW staff.
5. There is a purchase for gas in the amount of $38.71 that is not accounted for in fire department logs. No action or changes in procedure will take place at this time.
Members present: President Janet Dailey, Clerk Debbie Amos, Treasurer Carl Fink, trustees Mary Dalton, Ellen Genereux, Stephanie Genereux and Earl Geselman.
Next meeting: 6:30 p.m. Sept. 11.
For more information: Call Village Hall at (989) 981-6141.