Name of board: Bloomer Township Board.
Meeting date: Aug. 20.
Reporting official: Clerk Donald Baese.
1. Approved minutes of the July 16 regular meeting.
2. Approved the treasurer’s report, including a total of $228,323.71 in all accounts.
3. Approved the clerk’s report. Clerk Donald Baese reported a successful primary election with 207 voters participating, or 24 percent of the township’s registered voters. Six election inspectors have attended training and are certified through 2013. The township has filed for prison fire protection reimbursement from the state.
4. Approved paying bills totaling $11,355.88.
5. Approved re-adopting an amendment ordinance to the zoning ordinance, which was previously approved on March 26.
6. Appointed Shane Smith to complete the term of Ben Adkins on the Planning Commission after Adkins resigned.
7. Approved consulting with township attorney William Fahey regarding possible inappropriate waiving of shared taxes by the city of Carson City pertaining to the power plant.
1. Planning Commission member Mike Beach reported a public hearing took place regarding a special land use application by Lawrence Newswanger Jr. Consideration is still in progress and will be addressed again at the Sept. 11 meeting. Future meetings will begin at 7 p.m.
2. Carson City Fire Chief Dan Kipp gave a monthly report of four call for downed power lines and one call for a campfire. Kipp voiced his displeasure with issues involving Montcalm County Central Dispatch.
3. Montcalm County Commissioner Betty Kellenberger reported the Board of Commissioners is again struggling with making budget cuts. She said county recycling centers seem to be doing well.
4. Tara Chapko reported the next cemetery committee meeting will be Oct. 2.
5. Zoning Administrator Duane Hagerman reported on potential splits on agricultural land and a potential application pending for a feed sales building and business.
6. Supervisor Karl Harter reported on attending a Michigan Department of Public Works meeting about the Butternut Creek Bridge project.
Members present: Supervisor Karl Harter, Clerk Donald Baese, Treasurer Nathan Krouse and trustee Raymond Crouse.
Members absent: Trustee Dan Ryan.
Next meeting: 8 p.m. Sept. 17
For more information: Call Clerk Donald Baese at (989) 584-6066.