Name of board: Winfield Township Board.
Meeting date: Sept. 13.
Reporting official: Clerk Colleen Stebbins.
1. Approved the agenda.
2. Approved the clerk’s report.
3. Approved the treasurer’s report, including $24,798.46 for the fire department, $33,971.95 for the municipal fund, $203,022.80 for the tax account, $110,450.69 for general checking for a total of $372,243.90 and total interest in September of $59.39.
4. Approved putting a cement slab between the headstones of a husband and in-laws for an urn.
5. Approved advertising for snowplowing. Bids due by Oct. 10 to Clerk Colleen Stebbins, 7596 Gravel Ridge Road, Lakeview, Mich. 48850, or call (989) 352-7448.
6. Tabled hall tables and chairs action until October.
7. Went into closed session from 7:44 to 8:25 p.m. to discuss assessor employment.
8. Approved paying bills totaling $35,623.15.
9. Voted 4-1 paying $50 to Trustee Daniel Kinsey for township hall work. Kinsey voted “no.”
1. Mike Huckleberry, who is a candidate for 70th District State House, gave a presentation and answered questions.
2. Assessor Jerilynn Strong reported on assessment work. Strong also made a statement regarding an article in the Lakeview Area News.
3. Zoning Administrator Dave Kelsey reported one permit for August and one complaint for a fence without a permit.
4. Trustee Dan Kanouse reported reviewing about 117 community surveys. The Planning Commission will address fireworks issues at the next meeting.
5. Phyllis Black asked what road contracts the township has. Supervisor Phyllis Larson reported contracts for three chloride applications, wedging and sealing Bailey Road from Almy Road to Gates Road and gravel resurfacing Lake Montcalm Road from Black Road to Masters Road with the cost split with Maple Valley Township.
6. Montcalm County Commissioner Ron Baker reported on county budget cuts.
7. Kanouse reported Tire Amnesty Day went well. Larson thanked Kanouse for his volunteer work.
8. Kinsey commented on a clarification about an article in the Lakeview Area News.
9. Anyone wanting an absentee ballot should contact Stebbins at 7596 Gravel Ridge Road, Lakeview, Mich. 48850, or call (989) 352-7448.
Members present: Supervisor Phyllis Larson, Clerk Colleen Stebbins, Treasurer Cathy Killinger and trustees Dan Kanouse and Daniel Kinsey.
Next meeting: 7 p.m. Oct. 11.
For more information: Call Supervisor Phyllis Larson at (231) 762-4342.