SPENCER TOWNSHIP — No one was injured from a morning house fire in Spencer Township that left the house almost a total loss.
The Spencer Township Fire Department responded to the fire at 15303 Keller Ave. at 8:24 a.m. Thursday for the report of a structure fire.
“It’s close to a total loss,” said Spencer Township Fire Chief Alan Wright. “At least $30,000 worth of damages plus content.”
The owners of the home made it out of the home and attempted to put out the fire with a garden hose before fire departments arrived.
“No injuries were reported,” Wright said.
The fire started in the double-wide mobil home in the roof line. Wright said the cause of the fire was from the wood stove.
Oakfield Township, Sand Lake and Cedar Springs fire departments assisted at the scene.