No one injured in Edmore-area house fire Wednesday afternoon


By Kelli Ameling • Last Updated 9:45 am on Thursday, November 29, 2012

DAY TOWNSHIP — No one was injured in a house fire that is believed to have started in the living room Wednesday afternoon.

Day Township Fire Department Chief Mike Wyczesany said homeowners were not home when the fire started at 4985 E. McBrides Road, located south of Edmore.

No animals are believed to have been at the residence as well.

The fire started sometime shortly before 4 p.m.

According to Montcalm County property tax records, the property is owned by Jimmie Vaughn and Charlotte May.

“It was a structure fire that started in the living room,” Wyczesany said.

The Day Township Fire Department was on the scene for at least two hours and was assisted by the Home Township Fire Department.

Wyczesany said he does not believe the house is a total loss, but he is unsure of the total amount of damage done to the property.

About the Author
Follow Us
Rate this Article
VN:R_U [1.9.10_1130]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)