Christmas events are coming to towns throughout Montcalm County and surrounding areas this holiday season.
Here’s a look at some of the upcoming activities in Carson City, Crystal and Hubbardston.
• 7 p.m. Dec. 6: A community Christmas tree lighting ceremony will take place at Carson City Hall. Pastor Andy Croel of Carson City United Methodist Church will lead prayer. Dan Palmer will lead caroling. Refreshments will be served.
• 7 p.m. Dec. 11: The annual Christmas concert by the Carson City-Crystal High School and Middle School bands will be in the school’s field house. Admission is $5 in lieu of any fundraisers this year.
• 5:30 p.m. Dec. 19: A Lights of Love ceremony will be held in the Carson City Hospital lobby. Everyone is welcome for a dedication ceremony, Christmas music and holiday treats. Call Nancy Seals at (989) 584- 3971 ext. 436 for more information.
• 6:30 p.m. Dec. 19: Carson City Public Library presents Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol at 6:30 p.m. at the library by professional actor Tom Harryman of Muskegon Community College. Seating is limited. Call (989) 584-3680 to reserve a seat.
• Dec. 15: Crystal Box Office Theatre will show a free Christmas movie at noon. Santa Claus will appear on Main Street in downtown Crystal between 1:30 and 2 p.m. The Crystal Township Fire Department will distribute gifts and goodie bags.
• Dec. 8: A Christmas open house will take place in the Hubbardston Community Center. The Awakening Church will sponsor a secret shop from noon to 4 p.m. for children to get free gifts for their parents and siblings. The village of Hubbardston will sponsor a visit from Santa Claus from 1 to 3 p.m. Parents are asked to bring their own cameras to take a free photo of Santa with the children.