No one hurt in Lakeview Christmas Day fire


By Kelli Ameling • Last Updated 10:17 am on Thursday, December 27, 2012

LAKEVIEW — Grease is believed to be the cause of a fire that left a resident’s home destroyed on Christmas Day.

Lakeview District Fire Department was dispatched to the home on Niles Street at about 6:17 p.m. on Dec. 25.

“There was a fair amount of damage,” said Fire Chief Patrick Q. Carr.

The fire was contained to the kitchen where Carr said a grease fire is believed to have started.

Smoke damage was done throughout the house as well.

Carr said no one was injured in the fire and the homeowners did have insurance.

The Lakeview District Fire Department was assisted by the Maple Valley Township Fire Department and Montcalm County Emergency Medical Services.

About the Author
Follow Us
Rate this Article
VN:R_U [1.9.10_1130]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)