Maple Valley Township
Name of board: Maple Valley Township Board.
Meeting date: Dec. 10.
Reporting official: Clerk Shirley Sanders.
1. Read and approved special meeting minutes from Nov. 20.
2. Accepted the treasurer’s report as presented.
3. Approved appointing Alice Larsen to the Board of Review.
4. Approved adjusting the budget for cemeteries by adding $1,000.
5. Approved using federal poverty exempt guidelines plus 10 percent for the Board of Review.
6. Approved paying bills totaling $28,131.49, including annual fire pay of $12,060.
1. Montcalm County Commissioner Thomas Porter reported on county happenings.
2. Zoning Administrator Randy Speese is working on a request for a business at Bailey and Cannonsville.
3. Supervisor Gary Boyer reported Mr. Cook would like to purchase one acre near the corner of the complex property by the parking lot to square up his property. Rex Finch wants to update additional fencing. Discussed space required for bingo games in the classroom. Discussed a consent agenda and how it will be used at future meetings.
4. The assessor has sent taxes. The Board of Review will do omissions and corrections at 1 p.m. Dec. 13. Progress has been made on lake properties at Cody Lake, Cowden Lake and Winfield Lake.
5. The Maple Valley Complex brought in $1,000 for the month. The Coral Community Center brought in $350 for the month.
6. No fire runs were made this month. Brush trucks are awaiting attention by the Department of Natural Resources. The old tanker is almost back in service. Dick Pierce retired from the fire department after 35 years of service. He was presented with a plaque and a flag.
7. Don Hubbard’s retirement was acknowledged.
8. Heard concerns from citizens.
Members present: Supervisor Gary Boyer, Clerk Shirley Sanders, Treasurer June Miller, trustees Lee Frandsen and John Schwandt.
Next meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 14 at the Coral Community Center.
For more information: Call Clerk Shirley Sanders at (231) 354-6774 or (231) 354-6496.