Firefighters contain Montcalm Township blaze to garage


By Daily News • Last Updated 10:37 am on Monday, January 20, 2014

MONTCALM TOWNSHIP — Firefighters were able to prevent flames from a garage fire at 2978 S. Greenville Road from spreading to the attached home Friday after arriving on scene to find one wall of the garage engulfed in flames.

A breezeway provided a buffer between the home and the garage as firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, believed to have been caused by an electrical issue, said Montcalm Township Fire Chief Clif Dickinson.

There was significant damage to the garage as the fire, which started about 2 p.m., spread from the wall into the ceiling, but Dickinson said there was none to the home.

Firefighters were on scene for about an hour, Dickinson said.

Follow Us
Rate this Article
VN:R_U [1.9.10_1130]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)