SHERIDAN — Properties will be sold for just a fraction of their value at the annual Ionia and Montcalm county minimum bid land auction Monday.
The auction will begin at noon at the Sheridan Community Center at 205 St. Clair St. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m.
Montcalm County has 68 parcels for sale this year, including 23 with buildings.
“There are some nice properties that have deeded acres to different lakes,” noted Montcalm County Treasurer JoAnne Vukin. “There is a nice lot available in Pleasure Point Condominium trailer park in Six Lakes, an approximately one-acre piece near Clifford Lake and a vacant wooded 10-acre piece near Lake Stanton.”
Other Montcalm County properties with homes up for grabs include:
• two mobile homes with garages on six acres with a pond at 5401 Almy Road in Home Township near Cedar Lake, listed at a minimum bid of $3,300
• a two-story house at 918 Richardson St. in Lakeview, listed at a minimum bid of $4,800
• a large two-story house on a corner lot at 227 W. Edgerton St. in Howard City, listed at a minimum bid of $6,500
• a nice looking house on a large lot at 740 Orton St. in Howard City, listed at a minimum bid of $15,250
• a large three-story house with a swimming pool at 305 S. Division St. in Carson City, listed at a minimum bid of $12,250
• a two-story house with the river going through the backyard at 108 State St. in Greenville, listed at a minimum bid of $6,600
• a large two-story house with a good-sized yard at 224 W. Summit St. in Stanton, listed at a minimum bid of $4,800
Ionia County has 29 parcels for sale this year. Three former business properties are up for grabs, including:
• a small office space most recently used by a credit company located in the Belding Covered Mall at 560 Covered Village in Belding, listed at a minimum bid of $3,000
• a commercial building previously used as a beauty salon and more recently as apartments at 101 W. Superior St. in Muir, listed at a minimum bid of $5,500.
• a former paint production factory previously part of the old Meridian Co. at 325 S. Jackson in Ionia, listed at a minimum bid of $29,000
A host of homes in the city of Ionia are also available, including two duplexes and five two-story houses.
Visit tax-sale.info online for a complete listing of all properties up for auction in Ionia and Montcalm counties, including photos of the properties. Pre-registration for the auction can also be done online.
Call the Ionia County Treasurer’s office at (616) 527-5329 or the Montcalm County Treasurer’s Office at (989) 831-7334 for more information.