A man is dead after he entered a Greenville residence Saturday morning, fell asleep on a couch, and was then fatally shot by the homeowner after a struggle ensued between the two.
Staff and students have a lot to be excited about as the 2014-2015 school year gets underway Tuesday.
The rewards of voter-approved bond proposals in Belding, Carson City-Crystal and Lakeview are visible for all to see. A new superintendent is testing the waters at Central Montcalm while incoming freshman are making a “graduation pledge” at Greenville.
With the sun high overhead and the smell of fine Danish cuisine in the air, thousands lined Cass Street in downtown Greenville on Saturday morning as the 50th Danish Festival’s main attraction made its way past awe-inspired children and their families.
With more than 100 entries, the Grand Dansk Parade was more than an hour-long event featuring floats, bands, cars and even a few superheros.
Hans Christian Andersen was a Danish author most remembered by his fairy tale stories. This year’s Danish Festival’s children’s activities, named after the famed author, fit the bill.
With face painting, arts and crafts, a clown, balloons, Legos and even bounce houses, the Hans Christian Andersen children’s events at Tower Riverside Park was a fairy tale scene all its own on Friday.
High school students from Beijing, China, are visiting Greenville this week to learn about American culture and help the local community with service projects.
The Beijing students hosted a talent show at Greenville Middle School on Wednesday evening.
The Greenville Department of Public Safety is investigating a bomb threat made at the Greenville Rite Aid store on Thursday afternoon.
Public Safety Director Mark Reiss said a caller phoned the store demanding five pre-paid credit cards, saying he would bomb the store if demands weren’t met. Reiss said the caller gave a time frame of receiving the credit card numbers and security codes on the back.
A fire that began in a clothes dryer was quickly extinguished this afternoon, preventing any damage to the home. Resident Jack Perry was home doing laundry when he smelled something burning and called 911 at approximately 4:45 p.m. Officers and firefighters with the Greenville Department of Public Safety then responded to the residence at 813 E. Summit St.
Five Greenville Public Schools students were transported to a hospital with minor injuries when a school bus tipped onto its side after losing control on an icy gravel road this morning. According to the Michigan State Police Lakeview Post, the injuries were mostly bumps and bruises. Some students were treated at the scene, while five students were transported to Spectrum Health United Hospital in Greenville.
Dozens of magazines at your fingertips, wherever you go, and free of cost. That’s what the Flat River Community Library is now offering its cardholders as part of membership with the library.
The majority of local lakes, rivers and streams may be safely frozen over for the time being, but in a matter of weeks, the current frozen tundra that is Michigan will began to thaw, creating dangerous situations for those who continue to venture onto the ice. That’s why members of the Greenville Department of Public Safety took time Thursday afternoon to partake in an ice rescue training session on Baldwin Lake, to remain proficient in their skills before the dangers of thawing ice occur.