Every musician who picks up an instrument dreams of making it big. Whether it is a guitar, a trumpet or even a kazoo, those who posses musical talent want to play for a crowd. Big or small. That goes double for a rock band. Maybe even triple.
A new robot at Montcalm Community College (MCC) appears to be bringing (artificial) life to the college’s manufacturing curriculum. Meet “Baxter,” the newest addition to college’s Greenville campus.
Canadian Brass perform on stage at the Greenville high School Performing Arts Center Thursday evening during the 2013 Ash Cultural Event concert. — Daily News/Cory Smith PHOTO GALLERY
Spencer Brandt didn’t have an average childhood. In fact, he was nearly robbed of it entirely.
Relationships a cashier has built with her customers over her seven years of employment at a Greenville convenience store may have helped her Thursday night when a man stormed into her store demanding money. Debbie Edmaiston of Gowen was working her late-night shift at the Handy Market in Greenville when a younger man wearing a mask told her to get behind the counter.
A 75-year-old man and his 15-year-old cat safely made it out of their burning home early Friday morning. The Greenville Department of Public Safety was dispatched for a structure fire at 12:29 a.m. to 804 Oak St., just west of Maple Street.
“Hero” was heard throughout the night as word spread of how an elderly couple was rescued from a fully involved house fire. The Greenville Department of Public Safety was dispatched to the home of Vern and Peggy Wheeler at 10325 Stakes Road in Eureka Township at about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday after neighbors saw smoke and fire coming from the home and called 911.
Here are Daily News multimedia reporter Cory Smith’s highlights from Friday’s Belding-Greenville game.
Homeowners and pets are safe after a fire started on the back deck of a northeast side Greenville home early Thursday afternoon. The Greenville Department of Public Safety responded at about 1:45 p.m. to 1016 Van Deinse Street to a structure fire.
The owners of Nelson’s Speed Shop have experienced another devastating fire that destroyed their business. At about 1:30 a.m. this morning, Montcalm Township Fire Department was dispatched to Nelson’s Speed Shop on M-91 in Montcalm Township for a structure fire.