Belding vs Greenville 2012 Highlights
Here are Daily News multimedia reporter Cory Smith’s highlights from Friday’s Belding-Greenville game.
The Greenville Yellow Jackets couldn’t have asked for a better start in their new home, Legacy Field. Facing longtime rival Belding, the Yellow Jackets scored just 1:20 into the game on a six-yard touchdown run by running back Miguel Nieto. The score was set up by a bad Belding snap on a punt deep in the Redskins’ zone.
There were tents, grills, food, music and more. That was just before the game. Fans from both Greenville and Belding arrived early and were ready for the annual rivalry between the two longtime rivals, with the buzz as big as a college football game.
The Greenville Yellow Jackets and the Belding Redskins have been playing football against each other for more than 100 years. This year presents a couple of significant changes in the rivalry, one of the best in the state.
As construction was early in the planning stages, many suggestions for naming our new football stadium were bantered about. Fortunately, when given the opportunity to participate, our own Greenville High School Student Council was able to sift through the many emotions and bring forward a recommendation to our Board of Education.
- Greenville’s new Legacy Field brings everything together (Photo Gallery)
- Centennial Clock dedicated at Greenville’s new football stadium
- GHS football tickets on sale
- Belding coach has QB experience to pass on
- Belding football continues to progress with new coach
- Redskins to compete in realigned O-K Blue
- Greenville football faces a couple of changes
- Greenville begins football season preparations
- Belding transitioning to new style under new football coach
- Greenville grad ready for football at Adrian
- Greenville hosts passing camp, season 11 days away
- New Belding athletic facilities taking shape
- Legacy Field making good progress
- First Greenville High School hall of fame class announced
- PHOTO GALLERY: Readying Rudness Field in Belding
- Local athletic directors support MHSAA proposal
- Belding introduces new football coach
- GALLERY: Construction on Greenville stadium on schedule
- Belding, Greenville have some new league foes
- Legacy Field is official name of Greenville’s new football stadium