What started out as a normal afternoon for the Dolson family turned into a shocker. Quite literally. Just around 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Todd Dolson was upstairs in his Six Lakes home when he heard a loud bang and felt his whole house literally move under his feet.
Part of a Six Lakes-area house exploded in a propane-related incident this afternoon. The Belvidere Township Fire Department responded to 5662 W. Howard City-Edmore Road (M-46) around 3 p.m.
Four fire departments used an estimated 200,000 gallons of water from First Lake and the Flat River to extinguish a fire in downtown Six Lakes on Monday.
Belvidere Township Fire Chief Rick Rockafellow said the call came in just before 2:30 p.m. about a fire at the 120-year-old former hotel next to the Flat River Saloon.
There’s not an American alive who can’t remember where he or she was the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001, when every station in the country suddenly began broadcasting the events transpiring in New York City.
Montcalm County firefighters rushed to help one of their own amid a devastating fire on a sweltering hot Monday afternoon in downtown Six Lakes.
Firefighters from Belvidere Township, Day Township, Home Township and Lakeview responded to a fire at the old hotel next door to the Flat River Saloon around 2:30 p.m. as temps flirted with 90 degrees.
Jaxon’s not crazy. He’s mentally ill. It says so on his T-shirt. And he’s no more ashamed of that fact than you would be of a common cold, nor should he be.
Various departments within this village will soon be communicating more effectively, and over longer distances, thanks to several new radios to be added to the village’s communication arsenal.
Currently, communication between the village office, the Department of Public Works (DPW), fire and police departments is carried out in large part on privately owned cell phones and antiquated radio equipment.
A derelict home will be the first of several properties to be repaired or removed as part of this village’s new blight eradication initiative. Located in the 900 block of Pearl Street, the house has been vacant for some time and is, according to Village Manager Jake Eckholm, “basically, just a tarpaper shack.”
The Lakeview Village Council has approved the idea of a Silent Parade on Sept. 11 that would coincide with Lakeview High School’s annual Wounded Warriors football game.
Larry and Pearl Padden didn’t move to Lakeview until 1991, long after Larry’s 1971 retirement. Before that the couple summered on the shores of Lake Nipissing in Canada and wintered in Vero Beach, Fla. It didn’t take long before the Paddens adopted their new hometown, heart and soul. Both became integral members of the community and in no time were on a first name basis with many Lakeview residents.