It wasn’t ideal, but at least they were playing. The Belding Redskins and Lakeview Wildcats softball teams took to the field for the first time, literally, on Monday night at Demorest Field.
Lakeview’s baseball team finally got outside to play a game Monday. They wish the rain would have come sooner than it did. The Wildcats were beat by Belding 4-0 in a six-inning game, getting no-hit by Redskin pitcher Tyler Strevel.
Greenville fifth at own invite: The Yellow Jacket A team finished fifth out of 14 teams at the Greenville Invitational at the Links of Bowen Lake Monday when they carded a team score of 362…
The summer camp season is around the corner, and many families all over the country are already registering their children for summer camp. Campfires, nature hikes, swimming, crafts, and letters to home are all part of the camp experience. Campers can hardly wait to arrive to camp and experience the magic of summer camp. Parents can hardly wait for the moment of peace to arrive! But for children who are blind or visually impaired, a “normal camp experience” may seem out of reach.
Read the funeral notices for Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
When Jeramy Duffield crossed the finish line at the Boston Marathon, he got a little teary-eyed. “It’s every runner’s dream to cross the finish line at the Boston Marathon,” he said. Just moments after, Jeramy and his wife, Tiffany, both of Greenville, experienced strong emotions of another sort.
Camel rides, sailboat races, face painting and swimming were just some of the events children and families were able to participate in during Saturday’s Family Fun Day and Childhood Expo. For about 20 years, the fun-filled event has been held to dedicate a day for families to spend together.
A Howard City woman accidentally drove into a house Sunday afternoon. A medical condition may have been the cause of the accident, which occurred around 3:05 p.m. at E. Edgerton and Hemlock.
Read funeral notices for Monday, April 15, 2013.
For 10 seconds, Cliff Fry thought about calling it quits. On vacation in Florida on Feb. 20, Fry sat heavy in his chair as he watched live security camera video of his golf cart repair business burning to the ground. A fire that started in the back of the facility at 5575 S. Mt. Hope Road, likely from a golf cart battery explosion, consumed the storage facility that Fry and his employees operated out of.