The 10th annual Harvest Festival took place Friday through Sunday throughout downtown Howard City.
True to its billing, this year’s Fallasburg Fall Festival for the Arts truly did offer something for everyone. Sponsored by LowellArts!, the festival entered its 44th year Saturday and Sunday with a juried show featuring 100 artists and craftspersons from across the country. Nestled in the inviting area surrounding Fallasburg Park’s main pavilion, the event also offered live music, great food and seasonal children’s activities.
Read The Daily News Funeral Notices for Monday, Sept. 17, 2012
Plans for the town hall meeting Oct. 4 at the Sheridan VFW Post are about 75 percent finalized, according to VFW Post 5065 Legislative Chairman Eric Halvorsen. The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 4.
America and the world might never have known much about the career and work of United States Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, but for the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2012.
Belding wins, finishes second at Sparta: The Redskin boys were the best team in the White Division of the Sparta Invitational Saturday, as they scored 75 points…
A family-owned party store on M-46 was destroyed in a fire Sunday night. The Howard City Fire Department responded to M&S Quick Stop at 9469 Reed Road, just off M-46 north of Howard City, at 6:58 p.m.
A Greenville couple received minor injuries in a plane crash Saturday morning in Mecosta County. The Mecosta County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Mecosta/Morton Airport at 8:11 a.m.
It was a dislike for commuting that prompted Pamela Greenhoe to open her unique gift shop, Candle Cottage, in Crystal. Located at 203 S. Main St., the shop offers a host of interesting items, including a complete line of candles handmade by Greenhoe herself. The shop will soon celebrate its fifth year in business at the same location. Since opening, Greenhoe has seen a fairly steady increase in business as word of her distinctive gifts spread by advertising and word of mouth.
A house is still standing after firefighters were able to knock down a fire before it consumed the home.