Read The Daily News Funeral Notices for Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012
Many people took advantage of a free meal offered to those who may go without this holiday season. Lori Linderman of Greenville attended the meal Thursday afternoon in the Greenville High School cafeteria with her five children and her father.
As DTE Energy Regional Manger Roger Royer held a giant check in the amount of $10,000 to be given to the Belding Skate Park Committee, he reflected on the importance of helping to bring the skate park to downtown Belding at Central Riverside Park.
Read the funeral notices for Friday, Dec. 28, 2012.
A Sheridan man was extracted from his vehicle and hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries Wednesday evening. The Greenville Department of Public Safety responded to Lafayette Street and Judd Street at about 7:10 p.m. for an accident.
The cause of a summer fire that killed nine horses and destroyed parts of a Carson City-area farm remains unknown. Michael and Sue Thome learned their barn was on fire when a passing motorist stopped and pounded on their door to alert them. The Crystal Township Fire Department responded to the fire around 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10, at Winterspring Dressage at 5260 S. Mount Hope Road.
The tragic events in Newtown, Conn., have had a sobering effect on all of us. Like many others, it has caused me to ask what is happening in our great country that seems to be accelerating the frequency and horror of such events.
The tragic shooting incident at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14 has left many schools nationwide reviewing their own safety policies — including Lakeview. Officials from the Lakeview Police Department, Lakeview Community Schools and the village of Lakeview have been in talks to review current emergency plans and procedures and to explore additional security measures in the Lakeview school district.
Read The Daily News Funeral Notices for Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012
Grease is believed to be the cause of a fire that left a resident’s home destroyed on Christmas Day. Lakeview District Fire Department was dispatched to the home on Niles Street at about 6:17 p.m. on Dec. 25.