A 17-year-old woman was struck and killed by a car in North Plains Township early this morning in what police believe to be an alcohol-related accident.
There’s an old maxim that maintains an artist must suffer for her art. If that’s true, Susan Brace Lovell has a lot to write about. Her recently published book, “The Sandpiper,” is informed by the suffering of growing up in a family plagued with the disease of alcoholism. Though fictional, much of the book’s material is drawn from Lovell’s real life experiences.
Several Belding area residents voiced concerns about a variety of items at Tuesday’s city council meeting. Otisco Township resident Jeff Hunter voiced his displeasure with the current state of the remains of the Belding Bros. clock tower, which currently reside in the Central Riverside Park parking lot.
“It’s a fun little dollar store.” That’s how Susie Vogelsong, owner of the It’s a Buck Dollar Store in Stanton, describes her new business.
Kristine Albert has been doing a lot of things in pro sports. First, she was a member of the Grand Rapids Rampage “Rage” dance team. Then she became a cheerleader for the Indianapolis Colts. Now she’s trying to become one of the girls you see on television during Detroit games as a Fox Sports Detroit girl.
Read the funeral notices for Saturday, July 20, 2013.
Changes have been made to Greenville’s sewer usage ordinance to stay compliant with the frequent changes to federal law. The updated ordinance mainly applies to industrial users.
Better safe than sorry, at least that is the mentality behind the latest policy change made by members of Belding City Council regarding the city’s sewer back-up policy. During Tuesday evening’s city council meeting at the Pere Marquette Depot, members of the council voted unanimously 5-0 to update the city’s sewer back-up policy to reflect current legislation regarding residential complaints.
Read The Daily News Funeral Notices for Friday, July 19, 2013
Police are investigating the weekend arson of a Stanton home. The Stanton Fire Department was dispatched to 322 McPherson St. at 2:49 a.m. Saturday on a report of a house fire.