A Howard City boy has lost his fight with a rare genetic disease. Breylon Senn, age 4, died at home Friday after battling mitochondrial disease. He is the son of Gavin and Ashlee Senn of Howard City.
Multiple fire departments worked together for hours Thursday night in attempts of putting out a structure fire at a vacant home. Maple Valley Township Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 9:46 p.m. at 5370 N. Bailey Road, just down the road from the department.
A Greenville woman will be arraigned on March 1 for two charges relating to the embezzlement of the Walnut Hills Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) fund. On Wednesday, the Montcalm County Prosecutor’s Office issued an arrest warrant for the former PTO treasurer Laura Suzanne Outen, 34, of Greenville.
Don’t let the other team score. That is the pretty simple sounding philosophy Carson City-Crystal coach Ryan Fritz preaches to his team. Actually, it’s a philosophy borrowed from Fritz’s father, but one that seems to be working just fine for the Eagles.
Read The Daily News Funeral Notices for Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013
Butternut 79, SE GR Homeschoolers 66: Butternut, playing without leading scorer Josh Snyder, beat SE Grand Rapids Thursday behind David Crouse’s 23, Caleb Wyman’s 21 and Nate Crawford’s 13…
Greenville, Eureka, Mersen USA make case in State Boundary Commission public hearing on annexation issue
The State Boundary Commission met in Greenville Thursday to gather more information through a public hearing regarding the Mersen USA annexation. The graphite machine facility’s property sits both in the city of Greenville and in Eureka Township. The company, which is planning to expand, is seeking to annex into the city.
The Greenville Planning Commission discussed the future of the Forest View planned unit development (PUD) with the new owner Thursday night.
Greenville resident Mark Lehman became the new owner of a portion of the Forest View area through the sale of a property tax auction held last year.
A fire that burned through a power line pole, snapping the top of the pole and leaving live wires hanging over a propane tank and several buildings at Double R Ranch, caused a small fire at a home on Whites Bridge Road Thursday evening, leaving smoke and water damage throughout the home.
Funeral notices for Friday, Feb. 14, 2013