Five Greenville Public Schools students were transported to a hospital with minor injuries when a school bus tipped onto its side after losing control on an icy gravel road this morning. According to the Michigan State Police Lakeview Post, the injuries were mostly bumps and bruises. Some students were treated at the scene, while five students were transported to Spectrum Health United Hospital in Greenville.
The idea of going green is moving up at Montcalm Area Career Center (MACC), all the way to the roof, in fact. That’s where the action’s going to be Monday beginning at 5:30 p.m., when master gardeners from across the area converge on the college for this year’s “All Things Green” event.
Nathan Bower was so involved with high school art projects he forgot he had another due just two days later. Known by his teacher as someone who “flies by the seat of his pants,” Bower, a senior at Greenville High School, wasn’t too worried.
Read The Daily News Funeral Notices for Thursday, March 27, 2014
A two-story home was destroyed by fire Wednesday afternoon after firefighters from three departments battled the blaze for nearly six hours.
The Home Township Fire Department was dispatched at 2:39 p.m. to 7620 N. Academy Road to the call of a structure fire east of Edmore and just south of M-46.
The yaps and yowls of two very excited canines echoed through the halls of Montcalm Community College’s Beatrice E. Doser Building Tuesday afternoon, but nobody bothered to call animal control; they were already there.
Read The Daily News Funeral Notices for Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Council members of this city gathered around the dinner table to break bread, but also to discuss a list of items they hope to address in the upcoming fiscal year.
Without delving too far into each topic and instead deciding whether it was something they hoped to consider in the 2014-15 fiscal year for the city, officials settled on more than two dozen potential projects.
A Lakeview High School student brought a handgun to school last Friday with the possible intention of harming him or herself.
Lakeview Community Schools Superintendent Kyle Hamlin sent a letter home to parents today making them aware of the situation and ongoing investigation. Several other students were aware their fellow student had brought a gun into the high school, but no one alerted any adults.
Should the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors in Michigan be banned? It’s a question that is not generating any disagreement in Lansing, but the method of regulation of the controversial and increasingly popular product is creating mixed opinions amongst legislators.